When The Dead announced their recent reunion tour, the band embraced a number of emerging technologies to keep the fans informed of tour news and setlist updates. Their latest integration comes in the way of a recently launched iPhone application that “includes streaming audio from all the shows, video and photo blogs from rehearsals, backstage and concert footage, an interactive Photomosaic of The Dead 2009 tour logo made up of over 500 photographs of the band, news feed with live updates, set lists within seconds of a song being played from each concert, and an MP3 download consisting of two hours of live music from the tour” – all for $19.99.
Now, if I only had an iPhone, I’d be downloading it right now.
- List Time: 50 Best Dylan Covers Of All Time
- West Indian Girl’s Mariqueen Maandig poses for Playboy
- Cover Alert: Bon Iver tackle The Jayhawks
- Brian Williams shows his indie-cred by interviewing Deer Tick
- Terminal 5 adds a roof deck bar just in time for summer
- Martin Scorsese is set to direct a Frank Sinatra biopic
Finally, classic rockers Aerosmith have signed on to launch their very own line of scratch-off lottery tickets that will give people a chance to not only win money, but also Aerosmith related prizes that include concert tickets, backstage passes, band merchandise and the grand prize of a private concert. The lottery games, which will be based on songs from Aerosmith’s catalog, will launch in Rhode Island and New Hamsphire this summer.