Phish guitarist and singer Trey Anastasio reached deep into his bag of tricks for his performance tonight with the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra at Meyerhoff Symphony Hall in Charm City. Among the Phish classics Anastasio performed with the ensemble was If I Could – a song Phish hasn’t played in nearly nine years. An emotional highlight came when Water In The Sky was played in memory of Trey’s sister, Kristy Manning, and dedicated to her son.
Crappy Cellphone vid of Brian and Robert
Big Red kicked things off with Divided Sky and the rest of the first set featured a wide range of songs from throughout his career including Brian and Robert, The Inlaw Josie Wales, the aforementioned Water In The Sky, Pebbles and Marbles as well as First Tube. After a brief setbreak, Anastasio returned to offer the East Coast debut of his most recent orchestral composition Time Turns Elastic followed by Let Me Lie and the full version of Guyute including bits of My Friend, My Friend before the guitarist busted out If I Could for the encore. Quite a night for Big Red and his family.
- The Divided Sky (electric guitar,strings)
- Brian and Robert (vocal, electric guitar, strings)
- The Inlaw Josie Wales (acoustic guitar, oboe, strings)
- Water In The Sky* (vocal, acoustic guitar, winds/strings)
- Pebbles and Marbles (electric guitar, orchestra)
- First Tube** (electric guitar, orchestra)
- Time Turns Elastic (vocal, electric guitar, orchestra)
- Let Me Lie (vocal, electric guitar, strings)
- Guyute (electric guitar, orchestra)
- If I Could (vocal, electric guitar, harp, strings)
- *In Memory of Kristy Manning, dedicated to her surviving son Jason.
- **First time played [Trey.com]