Over the past few weeks, we’ve been keeping pretty close tabs on the growing animosity between Steven Tyler and the rest of his Aerosmith band mates. Now that the band has performed the four remaining shows on their schedule it appears as if the days of a Tyler-fronted Aerosmith are over as per guitarist Joe Perry’s interview with the Las Vegas Sun.
If Perry and his mates think they can replace Tyler easily they should have a chat with the Velvet Revolver boys. You’d think replacing Cracky Weiland would about 100x times easier than replacing Tyler and they’ve made no progress on that front since Weiland was fired/quit Velvet Revolver.
Let’s take a look at six other stories of interest…
- Richard Gehr chats with Jim James about the Health Care crisis
- The Ultimate Dream Job: Grateful Dead Archivist over at UCSC
- Here’s your chance to buy Neil Young’s 1993 Harley-Davidson
- The Animal Collective song with a sample of the Grateful Dead’s Unbroken Chain will be included on the band’s new EP, Fall Be Kind
- Widespread Panic welcomed Marc Ford for three covers in LA
- A reunited Pavement will headline next year’s Sasquatch Festival
Finally, we were sad to read the terrible news that drummer Jerry Fuchs passed away this weekend after an accident involving an elevator in Brooklyn on Saturday night. Fuchs played with a number of HT Faves including !!!, LCD Soundsystem and The Juan MacLean. R.I.P. Jerry.