For the past three years, we’ve been hearing that The Kinks will reunite, but there’s been no reunion thus far. While both Ray and Dave Davies are up for a major tour, Ray tells News of the World that he wants Dave to “do some low-key shows to see how well he can play. If we’re going to play together again, we can’t hit the road straight away with a big-time announcement.”
Let’s see if Dave takes his brother’s advice in 2010.
Meanwhile, here’s a look at six other stories of interest…
- Radiohead will return to the studio next month
- Surprise Me Mr. Davis won’t be playing in Canada
- Songsmith Andrew Bird releases a live iTunes EP
- The redesigned Relix includes old Jam Nation clips
- Baltimore pays tribute to FZ with a Frank Zappa Day
- List Time: Ten Big-Deal Musical Deaths of the 2000s
Finally, we’re usually on the opposite side of ticket brokers in most instances, yet we agree with them that the potential Ticketmaster/Live Nation merge will be bad for consumers. The non-profit trade organization National Association of Ticket Brokers has started a website called TicketDisaster.org that details why this merger would be terrible for everyone except the newly formed company. Supposedly, the merger deal is in its final stages.