Genesis fans around the globe were getting extremely excited for the band’s upcoming induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame mainly for the chance to see former lead singer Peter Gabriel with his old mates. Unfortunately, Gabriel has told Rolling Stone that he won’t sing at the ceremony.
In fact, Petey Gabes isn’t even sure he’s going to attend. We sure hope Gabriel reconsiders and embraces the spirit of the ceremony by performing.
Let’s take a quick look at six other stories of note…
- Aerosmith to hold auditions for a replacement lead singer
- Allie Kral sat-in with Umphrey’s in Denver on Saturday
- Gov’t Mule’s Island Exodus in Jamaica looks incredible
- Lucas Samuels interviews Warren Spicer of Plants & Animals
- Pretty Lights offer a free download from their NYE show
- NOLA’s Jeffrey Dupuis shares his Visions of Jam Cruise 8
Finally, Matador Records will release Quarantine The Past: The Best of Pavement on March 9 just in time for the start of the indie-rock legends’ reunion tour. The tracklist includes the most accessible songs from the group’s albums as well as a few random selections such as Unseen Power of the Picket Fence from the No Alternative compilation.