As part of the Guggenheim Museum’s 50th anniversary, Animal Collective have collaborated with artist Danny Perez on a site-specific performance piece that will transform the museum’s rotunda into a “kinetic, psychedelic environment”. The piece, dubbed Transverse Temporal Gyrus, will feature original recorded music composed specifically for the work along with video projections, costumes and props, rendering the band members and performers into intense, visual abstractions where guests will be invited to freely explore the space in order to fully immerse themselves in the environment. Tickets are currently on sale now.
- List Time: 50 Unsung Classic Albums Of The ’00s
- Check out Wayne Coyne’s futuristic looking abode
- Cover Alert: Stephin Merritt tackles Peter Gabriel
- GnR rocked a surprise gig at the former spot of CBGB’s
- Next version of Rock Band may be dedicated to Jimi Hendrix
- EMI is putting the legendary Abbey Road Studios up for sale
Finally, earlier this week the Preservation Hall Jazz Band released their latest album, Preservation: An Album To Benefit Preservation Hall & The Preservation Hall Music Outreach Program, which features an all-star cast of musicians joining the legendary New Orleans act. Among those who musicians that traveled down to the French Quarter to record tracks with the band are Tom Waits, Jim James, Dr. John, Steve Earle, Andrew Bird and Ani DiFranco. The entire album is currently streaming – give it a listen here.