As we previously reported, Primus will return to the road this summer for their first headlining tour in four years. The quirky funk-rock act is wasting no time in lining up additional shows by announcing plans for the second annual Oddity Faire, which last year was headlined by Les Claypool’s solo band. Joining the bill for the traveling fest, which kicks off on September 14 in Sacramento, CA, will be Mariachi el Bronx, Portugal. The Man and Split Lip Rayfield, with more acts to be confirmed in the coming weeks.
If you’re not into a night with Primus and friends, than maybe you’ll be interested in hitting one of these recently announced tours…
- Lyle Lovett lines up a lengthy cross-country summer run
- Reggae legend Jimmy Cliff mixes festival and headlining gigs
- Laid back surf-rocker Donovan Frankenreiter heads out
- The Walkmen schedule dates both here and abroad
- Best Coast begin to roll out dates in support of their debut
- Jazz Aspen nabs Wilco, Black Crowes, Calexico, and more
Finally, late this summer the unique trio of Yacht Rock favorites Donald Fagen (Steely Dan), Michael McDonald (The Doobie Brothers, Steely Dan), and Boz Scaggs will unite to head out for a tour under the name The Dukes Of September Rhythm Revue. The three music legends, who will be backed by a full band that includes a horn section, will play will a mix hits and deep cuts from their respective catalogs and tributes to their influences. The 22-date cross-country tour kicks off on August 19 in Danbury, CT and will hit a mix of sheds and theaters around the country.