Prior to heading out on a massive summer tour, venerable road warriors the Dave Matthews Band announced that they’d be taking all of 2011 off, after twenty straight years of touring. DMB, who are still in the midst of a lengthy run, have announced a new batch of dates that will presumably be their last before their year-long hiatus. The 12-date tour includes multi-night stands at both MSG and the TD Garden and closes out with a pair of hometown gigs at the John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville, VA.
If you’re not into a night with Dave and the boys on their last tour until 2012, than maybe you’ll want to hit one these recently announced tours…
- T. Bone Burnett’s Speaking Clock Revue hits NY & Boston
- Fistful Of Mercy schedules a handful of November dates
- KT Tunstall hits the road for a 20-date, cross-country trek
- Country legend Merle Haggard keeps busy in to early ’11
- Jazz guitar whiz Pat Matheny lines up a month long run
- Dresden Dolls announce their first tour dates in three years
- Os Mutantes & Ariel’s Pink Haunted Graffiti head out together
Finally, moe. has seemingly cornered the market on providing high quality music-cations for their fans between moe.down, snoe.down and Summer Camp. The indie-jam-rockers have unveiled the details of their latest destination festival tropical throe.down to take place from January 5-11 at the Paradisus Punta Cana Resort in Punta Cana, Mexico. The inaugural fest will feature three full shows from moe. in addition to a number of unique activities featuring members of the band – including an opening night acoustic Q&A concert, “The Business of moe.” with Topper Getz and Skippy and two separate diving excursions with Vinnie and Al.