Thanks to my DVR I was able to watch The Police’s quick performance over and over again last night, and in so doing I missed the rest of the Grammys.
Oh well, I hear I didn’t miss too much. Regardless of what may or may not have happened last night, let’s start off the week with some linkage:
- Billboard.com is exclusively reporting The Police will headline Bonnaroo and play shows in 24 North American cities before moving on to the rest of the world. More concrete details to follow this afternoon…
- Al Gore, husband of PMRC douchebag Tipper, is inventing and planning a series of concerts on July 7th that will “dwarf Live Aid”
- Here’s a cool video of a Frank Zappa soundcheck from 1988
- AV Club presents a list of 15 pop songs owned by moments in movies (via Largehearted Boy)
- Keb Mo, John Mayer, The Dixie Chicks, and many other artists peformed songs to honor his the MusicCares Person of the Year, Don Henley
- Jenn Wertz has left Rusted Root…again
- Neddy previews the Shows Of the Week in NYC
- Read this great feature on Ace-favorite Tea Leaf Green, which features some interesting quotes from Trevor Garrod
- Arcade Fire talks to the Toronto Star about playing in small venues — remember the band starts a run at Judson Memorial Hall tonight. The final show on Saturday will be webcast on NPR’s All Songs Considered
- Son Volt hits the road for six weeks
- A preview of the Branford Marsalis Quartet this week at Yoshi’s
- Bob Weir looks back on the Summer of Love
What’s what, see any good shows or interesting links for us this fine morning?