On September 27, HT faves Wilco will release their eighth studio album The Whole Love via their brand new label dBpm Records. While we still have a couple more months to wait to finally hear what they’ve been cooking up, the Chicago-based band is currently offering a variety of pre-order options that include everything from t-shirts to tote bags. As an added bonus, anyone that orders the album between now and its release dates will be eligible to win prizes in one of the band’s three weekly drawings that will see Jeff Tweedy & Co. giving some pretty impressive prizes like four tickets to any 2011-12 Wilco show including passes to attend soundcheck, a complete vinyl test pressing copy of The Whole Love, a Surprise Grab Bag of Wilco Items as well as a one of a kind single speed Wilco Bicycle.
- List Time: 10 Bands Made Up Of Members Of Broken Social Scene
- Adele has the biggest selling digital album of all time
- Cover Alert: Bright Eyes, Jenny & Johnny tackle Gillian Welch
- Georgia Theatre will officially reopen on August 1
- Download This: STROKED – A Tribute To Is This It
- The Who will stage another Quadrophenia tour next year
Finally, for those of us who won’t be able to make it to Newport, RI for this weekend’s Newport Folk Festival, fear not. You won’t have to miss out on the action from the Fort, Quad and Harbor stages as the fine folks at NPR Music will once again be onsite broadcasting live from the granddaddy of all music fests. In addition to full audio streams, for the first time they will also be offering up live video online from main stage, where they will feature full sets from the likes of The Decemberists, Emmylou Harris and Gogol Bordello.