We’ll start off this week’s recap with a smidgen of news: The Chairman of the Boards has signed on to play the High Sierra Music Festival for the first time ever. Page McConnell joins an already illustrious lineup that includes Les Claypool, the Disco Biscuits, Tea Leaf Green, Yonder Mountain String Band, Galactic, Del McCoury, the reunion of Leftover Salmon and so many more. Lookin’ brighter every day…
And now for a small sample of the week that was here at Hidden Track:
- An inexplicable double bill of nomenclature: Holy Fuck opens for !!!
- Free agent drummer Jon Fishman signs a two-set contract with YMSB
- Birth of the Cool: Bonnaroo pitches a jazz tent on site
- Grateful Dead unseals Three from the Vault (4ftV due out in 2023)
- Picture Shows: Bustle In Your Hedgerow heads west, Silversun Pickups rock Webster Hall and Robert Randolph praises Jebus in Cleveland
- Smashing Pumpkins want some Hot Carl: Nine nights in Asheville
- The B List goes Digging Deep for some must-watch bluegrass covers
- The constantly fluffed David Byrne hits double nickels in age
- And check out the Pullin’ ‘Tubes archive for a now-daily adult dose of sick videos culled from the depths of YouTube
I’m writing this post sitting cross-legged on some concrete in Washington Square Park, and I’d like to thank Coltranish saxomophonist Lawrence Clark for providing an excellent musical backdrop on this sunny downtown day. Sweet, some stoned NYU kid just came over with a high five and a “Happy Sunday” as I type this.