For it surely looks like rain: Tropical Storm Barry’s creeping up the coast, and we’re praying to all that is holy for no inclement weather at tonight’s Tea Leaf Green boat cruise around Manhattan. C’mon, Mother Nature, don’t be a filthy whore.
TLG’s Josh Clark sat in on a kickass version of Rockin’ In the Free World with Gov’t Mule during the group’s second show in two nights at the third-annual Mountain Jam last night (see the post below for more). Once again they’ll be webcasting the festival live on your computer, so check that out while we gently remind you of some other shit that went down ’round here this week:
- The Police Week brought five days of daily coverage on the long-awaited reunion: Clips from the re-debut, full audio from Vancouver and Stew’s thoughts, 100+ old-school downloads and 10 great videos from their prime, and an announcement for MSG on Halloween
- RAQ meets its ultimate sound goal: KISS meets Phish
- Speaking of, the Chairman of the Boards kicked off his tour
- Why did Brendan Bayliss wear a dress at Summer Camp?
- Now Touring: Greasy soul funk called Fully Loaded
- And the now-daily Pullin’ ‘Tubes highlighted some under-the-radar videos: Marcus Miller’s Frankenstein, Robert Palmer’s Man Smart, Woman Smarter, and some dude freakin’ out in front of Built to Spill’s Doug Martsch.
And a standing ovation for Lebron and Daniel Gibson…When the Suns went down I swore off the NBA playoffs, but somehow, here I am, interested.