After what seemed like 10 years of e-construction, the Grateful Dead’s new website finally went live to announce the presale of Three From The Vault. Some of the great new features on the site include a message board, interviews with members of the Grateful Dead family, and killer Comix by Tim Truman. But my favorite part of the new site is the archive section, where you can search through all sorts of artwork, memorabilia and photographs.
The new site is a work in progress, but so far it seems pretty freakin’ cool. Hopefully they won’t start charging for any of the services they offer, especially the oft-pimped-on-HT Taper’s Section. Sign up now to get a heady low user number. [via Hits From The Blog] Elsewhere from the interwebs:
- U2 heads back into the studio
- Why is Rage Against The Machine counting down until August 24th? [spoiler here]
- The New Mastersounds are hitting the States with a fresh sound
- Keller Williams talks about the formation of the WMDs
- The Monterey Pop Festival is about to celebrate its 40th anniversary
- A preview of the Disco Biscuits appearance at Starscape on Saturday
- Tea Leaf Green, America and Charlie Hunter to headline this year’s River Roots Live festie
- New tour dates from LCD Soundsystem and Band of Horses
- Paul McCartney played a secret show in London last night
- Jesse Jarnow offers up a new Frow Show podcast
- Wrigley rooftops want in on The Police reunion
- The Rolling Stones created the mother of all traffic jams in Belgium
- Can you pass the guitar solo quiz?
- Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble’s unreleased first album
- Ben Sisario of the New York Times profiles Bowery Presents
- LiveDaily interviews David Lowery of Cracker and Camper Van Beethoven
- Smashing Pumpkins played an unannounced acoustic show on Tuesday
- The worst amphitheater in America is up for sale
- Sgt. Peppers: Epic masterpiece or overrated pop?
Are you seeing any live music this weekend? Anything else? Leave a message below, and let us know what we are missing…