From the moment Phish left the stage at the Lawrence Joel Veteran’s Memorial Coliseum in Winston-Salem on November 23, 1997 Phish fans have been angling for an official release of the band’s epic three-night stand that ended that evening. The group’s devoted followers have finally gotten their wish with the release of Phish – Hampton / Winston-Salem ’97 via JEMP Records on December 6.
Phish – Hampton / Winston-Salem ’97 is currently available for pre-order through Dry Goods. This 7-CD set includes every note played at the Hampton ’97 shows on November 21 and 22 as well as the November 23rd scorcher in Winston-Salem. We also get a 17-minute soundcheck jam from the first night of Hampton and a version of Back at the Chicken Shack from the Winston-Salem soundcheck. There are a number of bundles available which adds items such as the 2012 Phish Calendar and a Pollock ’97 tour t-shirt along with the box set. Everyone who pre-orders the box set from Phish Dry Goods will receive a full 45-track MP3 download of Hampton Winston/Salem ’97 on the release date plus two previously unreleased Hampton/Winston-Salem related tracks from the Phish Archives.
As part of our Everybody Wins When We Plug Something And In Return They Offer Us Free Shit To Give Away program, we’ve got three copies of the complete Hampton / Winston-Salem ’97 box set to giveaway PLUS a Black-Eyed Katy bundle which includes a t-shirt and 2012 calendar. To enter, simply leave a comment below detailing your favorite part of that weekend, either in person or from a recording, musical or otherwise. You can enter a second time by following us and then tweeting that Hampton / Winston-Salem ’97 moment. Let us know by including both “@hidden_track” AND “#hws97” in your tweet. We’ll give you a third chance to snag one of the sets by leaving your favorite Hampton / Winston-Salem ’97 moment on our Facebook wall. Once the contest entry period closes we’ll tally all the entries from our comments section, Facebook and Twitter and pick four winners at random.
Here’s the fine print…
- To enter the contest, leave a comment below telling us your favorite moment / memory from Hampton / Winston-Salem ’97
- You can enter a second time by leaving a similar comment on the wall of the Hidden Track Facebook Page
- You can enter a third time by following @hidden_track and tweeting your favorite moment / memory from Hampton / Winston-Salem ’97 and including both “@hidden_track” AND “#hws97” in your tweet
- Your comment(s) must be left by 11:59 PM EST on November 25
- Anybody entering more than once a piece on Facebook, Twitter and at the bottom of this post will be disqualified, tarred and feathered
- Four winners will be selected at random from all entries
- The first winner chosen will win the Black-Eyed Katy bundle, while the other three will each receive a Hampton / Winston-Salem ’97 box set courtesy of Phish Inc.
- HT staff members are not eligible to win
So far we’ve been privy to three incredible sequences from Hampton / Winston-Salem ’97…
11/21/97 – AC/DC Bag -> Slave to the Traffic Light
11/22/97 – Mike’s Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove[audio:https://glidemag.wpengine.com/hiddentrack/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Mikes.mp3]
11/23/97 – Theme From The Bottom > Black-Eyed Katy