HT faves Umphrey’s McGee, The Black Keys, TV on the Radio and Cold War Kids will join dozens of bands on Randall’s Island in New York City from July 28 to 29 for the first-ever Catalpa NYC Music Fest. The new event boasts an eclectic lineup featuring over 40 performers from many musical genres including blues, rock, hip-hop, electronic, reggae and indie.
In addition to the music, Catalpa organizers will debut a structure known as “The Afterburner” as part of the Arcadia Spectacular art installation at the site as well as the 60 ft. inflatable Frisky’s Church of Sham Marriages if you feel the sudden urge to get hitched. There will also be a Silent Disco Tent, a Reggae Stage curated by High Times and A Taste of New York featuring food vendors from the city’s top quality eateries.
While tickets are currently available through the festival’s website, we’ve got a pair of tickets to giveaway as part of our Everybody Wins When We Plug Something And In Return They Offer Us Free Shit To Give Away program. To enter our contest, simply leave a comment below telling us which band you’d be most excited to see at Catalpa and why. You can enter a second time by leaving a similar comment on the wall of the HT Facebook Page. The contest entry period closes on Friday, June 15 at 11:59PM ET. After that, we’ll tally all the entries from our comments section as well as Facebook and pick one winner at random.
Here’s the fine print…
- To enter the contest, leave a comment below telling us which Catalpa act you’d be most excited to see and why
- You can enter a second time by leaving a similar comment on the wall of the Hidden Track Facebook Page
- Your comment(s) must be left by 11:59 PM EST on June 15
- Anybody entering more than once a piece on Facebook and at the bottom of this post will be disqualified, tarred and feathered
- One winner will get a pair of general admission tickets to attend the Catalpa Music Fest
- HT staff members are not eligible to win